INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS
A consumer is a private individual that carries out a legal activity that is not connected directly with the consumer’s business or professional activity with a trader.
MARTA AGNIESZKA DRÖGE, a sole trader operating under the name of MAMIIU MARTA DRÖGE, entered in the Central Registration and Information on Business (Centralna Ewidencja i Informacja o Działalności Gospodarczej) kept by the minister in charge of economy and the operation of the Central Registration and Information on Business, VAT No (NIP) 9490116541, statistical ID (REGON) 369932829, ul. Wróbli 32A/11, 40-534 Katowice.
CONTACT WITH THE SELLER
Address: ul. Wróbli 32A/11, 40-534 Katowice
Telephone: 668 451 113
The sales agreement is entered into in Polish for the purpose and term of sale.
Unless the agreement provides otherwise, the Seller will deliver goods to the Buyer immediately upon the sales agreement date.
TERMS OF COMPLAINT
The Seller must deliver non-defective goods, unless the Seller has informed the Consumer about defects in the goods before the sales agreement date.
In the case of a defect, the Buyer has the right to complain about defective goods on the basis of statutory warranty regulations of the Civil Code.
Under the statutory warranty, the Buyer may, under terms and conditions set out in the Civil Code:
1. submit a statement on price reduction;
2. in the case of substantial defect, submit a statement on withdrawal from the agreement;
3. request that the goods are replaced with non-defective goods;
4. request that the defect is removed.
Complaints under the statutory warranty must be submitted by e-mail, in writing or in person to the Seller’s store.
To have the complaint filed under the statutory warranty reviewed, the Consumer must deliver, if necessary, the defective goods to the store at the Seller’s cost.
The Seller recommends that the complaint should include the following information: the Buyer’s identification data, a brief description of the defect, time when the defect was found, the Buyer’s request.
The Seller’s recommendations set out herein are not binding on the Consumer and the Consumer may, but does not need to, meet them. The fact that the Consumer does not meet the Seller’s recommendations will be without prejudice to the Consumer’s rights, in particular rights connected with the statutory warranty for defects.
The Seller will respond to the complaint within 14 days.
NON-COURT COMPLAINT HANDLING AND CLAIM PROCEDURES
If the complaint procedure is unsuccessful for the Consumer, the Consumer may take advantage, for example, of:
- mediation conducted by a competent Provincial Commercial Inspection Unit (Wojewódzki Inspektorat Inspekcji Handlowej), where a request for mediation must be filed; such mediation is free as a rule. The list of inspection units is available on https://www.uokik.gov.pI/wazne_adresy.php#faq595,
- aid of a competent permanent consumer arbitration court operating at the Provincial Commercial Inspection Unit, where a request for arbitration procedure must be filed; such aid is free as a rule. The list of courts is available on https://www.uokik.gov.pI/wazne_adresy.php#faq595;
- free aid of a consumer ombudsman of the city or county;
- an online ODR platform available on http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
If to enter into the agreement, personal data must be given, the Seller will act as a data controller and the data will be processed in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
Purpose of data processing:
Depending on what you chose, this may be:
- entering into the sales agreement;
- direct marketing, other than newsletter.
Basis of data processing:
- The sales agreement or actions taken at your request to enter into the sales agreement (Art. 6.1.b of the GDPR);
- Our legal obligation, e.g. connected with accounting (Art. 6.1.c of the GDPR);
- Your consent given at the shop (Art. 6.1.a of the GDPR);
- The service agreement or actions taken at your request to enter into the service agreement (Art. 6.1.b of the GDPR);
- Our legitimate interest consisting in data processing to identify, request or defend claims (Art. 6.1.f of the GDPR);
- Our legitimate interest consisting in direct marketing (Art. 6.1.f of the GDPR).
- The data are provided voluntarily, but in certain cases they are necessary to enter into the agreement.
Consequences of failure to provide data:
- Inability to do shopping at our shop
- The consent may be withdrawn at any time.
The data processing till the withdrawal of your consent is legal.
DURATION OF DATA PROCESSING
The Seller will process your data solely for the period arising from the legal basis, i.e. until:
- the Seller is no longer lawfully obliged to process your data; or
- no further claims can be made in connection with the agreement with the shop;
- you withdraw your consent based on which the data were processed;
- your objection against your personal data processing is accepted, if your data were processed on the basis of the data controller’s legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes;
- whichever applies in a given case and whichever is later.
In addition, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- restriction of processing;
- data portability to another data controller.
As well as:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data at any time:
- for reasons connected with your special situation, to the processing of your personal data under Art. 6.1.f of the GDPR (i.e. for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller);
- if your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes to the extent the processing is connected with direct marketing.
- If you want to exercise your rights, please contact the Seller.
- If you believe that your data are processed unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We hire third parties which we can share your data with. The list of possible recipients of your data is presented below:
- a supplier of software necessary to operate an online shop;
- a payment supplier;
- a book-keeping bureau;
- a hosting provider;
- an entity providing marketing services;
- an entity providing statistic services;
- competent public authorities, to the extent the data controller is obliged to provide the data to such authorities.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
Given the above, your data may be also processed by non-EU entities. Your data are adequately protected by the use of the following elements:
- membership of such entities to the EU-USA Privacy Shield established on the basis of the European Commission’s decision as a collection of principles which guarantee the relevant protection of your privacy.